Brand Somalia Board (BSB) is an organization established in November 2018.
The rationale behind the establishment of the Board is put in place an integrated coordinating mechanism for building and enhancing the Country’s image and national identity and rallying its citizens behind it.
MANDATE OF THE BOARD
• The mandate of the board as set out in the legal notice. the Brand Somalia Board Order of 17th November 2018 is as follows:
1. To coordinate initiatives for marketing the country in order to maximize their efficiency; and
2. To create and maintain the Somalia brand, to identify and distinguish Somalian products, services and concepts.
FUNCTIONS OF BSB
The functions of Brand Somalia Board (BSB) as stipulated in the Brand Somalia Board Legal Notice Order November 2018 are to:
• Establish a brand for Somalia which positions the country optimally in terms of investment, creditworthiness, tourism and international relations;
• Unite Somalis and provide them with positive information about the country in order to promote patriotism and national pride;
• Establish an integrated approach within government and private sector towards international marketing of Somalia
• Build national support for the brand within Somalia with the cooperation of the Government, non-governmental organizations and the private sector;
• Promote local products and services to encourage economic transformation;
• Encourage commitment to quality and innovation among businesses and people:
• Assist different towns and cities in the country to improve their image: and
• Undertake measures aimed at improving the international image of Somalia.
To be the lead agency in transforming Somalia into a competitive global brand.
To build a strong country brand that fosters national pride, patriotism and earns global recognition and preference.
OUR CORE VALUES:
To build robust organization culture, the following values will guide all employees of Brand Somalia board (BSB)
1. Passion: We will carry out our duties and responsibilities with zeal and devotion.
2. Patriotism: We will uphold patriotic ideals of the country.
3. Integrity. We will uphold uphold competency, honesty, reliability and responsiveness in discharging our mandate.
4. Teamwork: We will embrace team work to enhance commitment and attainment of thet institutional goals and objectives.
5. Innovation: We value novelty, creativity, improvement and also commited to tracking global trends and initiating appropriate responses.